The bedroom tax is an unfair tax on low income families.
Disabled couples who need separate bedrooms and separated parents who have a bedroom for the kids to stay still have to pay as do people who have been bereaved.We knew the bedroom tax wouldn’t work–
– There just aren’t enough smaller homes for people to move to
– People need to stay close by for work, children’s school
– Discretionary Housing Payment, intended to help families in short term crisis is instead being used to reduce the impact of this cruel tax.
As a new housing minister who represents a part of Reading that has hundreds of families affected Reading Labour are calling on Alok Sharma, MP to recognise that the government has now no mandate for this, and to scrap the bedroom tax
You can join our campaign:
- Sign the petition now
- Join a campaign event or share it on social media
- bedroom tax petition – hard copy of the petition and ask friends who aren’t online to sign
- We are creating an information pack – share your story or views by emailing: email@example.com
- Request leaflets (currently Reading area only) to hand out firstname.lastname@example.org